Next, we will detail the successful installation at the Hotel Condestable in Jaén, where we replaced its open cooling tower with a Ecodry adiabatic air cooler , the perfect solution to cover all the needs that this case required, saving water and energy.
Successful installation: how to save water and energy in the hotel sector
Hotel Condestable de Jaén had for its cooling process a open cooling tower, which entailed both high water consumption and the use of chemical treatments. In the case of the hotel, by having this machinery placed on its roof, the detachment of water particles typical of this equipment, taking into account the use of chemical products that we mentioned, could be a risk for customers who used the terrace. and the solarium of the hotel, given the proximity. Likewise, the cooling tower had a high sound pressure, that is, it exceeded the decibels established in the city according to the regulations.
Problems to deal with derived from the cooling tower
Thus, according to the needs that the client required, the key points to be addressed were the following:
- The need to drastically reduce consumption of water and stop using chemicals
- Solve noise problems that did not comply with municipal regulations
- Avoid any spread of particles of water to the solarium and the terrace
- Have a team that is more sustainable with the environment
- save on expenses
Solution: replace the cooling tower with the Ecodry adiabatic air cooler
After carrying out the corresponding study, we took care of replacing the conventional cooling tower with a much more sustainable cooling system with high energy efficiency: the Ecodrygel 3DK 5.2 Self-draining adiabatic air cooler. Frigel for the condensation of a 340Kw chiller, intended for hotel air conditioning.
Achievements achieved after the installation of Ecodry
After carrying out the entire installation, we managed to ensure that the Hotel Condestable in Jaén could have a highly
efficient and ecological that, compared to the conventional cooling tower that you had previously, allowed you to:
- Reduce water consumption by 90%
- Reduce electricity consumption by 30%
- Completely eliminate the use of chemical products
- Without glycol: the possibility to work without glycol thanks to reliable and proven self-draining technology and design
- Eliminate health inspections for Legionella
- Comply with municipal sound regulations
- Eliminate the spread of water particles to the terrace and solarium that directly affected customers.
At Vacca Engineering our main activity is the provision of services and implementation of refrigeration processes and industrial air conditioning since 1949 in the main sectors. In 2004, we became responsible for the official technical service for the entire peninsular territory of the international company FRIGEL GROUP , being exclusive distributors of its products.
Said equipment is at the forefront of the world from a technological point of view, since it not only allows an increase in production in some processes, but also reduces operating and maintenance costs, as well as water and energy consumption, given the importance of sustainability .
We have a specialized engineering department and, if necessary, we take care of the entire process: technical advice, design, execution, legalization, as well as preventive and corrective maintenance. Additionally, our technical service operates 24/7 in order to offer the best service to our customers. Do not hesitate and contact us !